Thursday, January 12, 2012

First Week

The first week was a little nerve wracking about the anxieties I listed before, but now I feel much better about the relationship with the classes.

I see what you said about them struggling to write a summary. I read through the pre-tests and most of them have the general idea of the article, but there are many instances where they take a point out of context and try to make it say something very different than what it actually says.

I am curious to look at future readings to see if they cover this or if I should just do something soon on my own, but I feel like they could use help in how to read an article. How to figure out what the thesis is and what the most important points are feels like a struggle for them. I know that doing the summaries and getting feedback from me will help, but I would like to have something to show them how and I haven't figured out yet what that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment